ICC U19 World Cup 2022: India were compelled to field a depleted taking half in XI for their 2nd Neighborhood B match against Eire on Wednesday after 6 of their gamers tested certain for Covid-19 in the West Indies.
Image for representation (Courtesy of BCCI)
- As many as 6 India gamers tested certain for Covid-19 in the West Indies
- Captain Yash Dhull used to be among the many 6 to contract the virus in West Indies
- India fielded a depleted XI for their 2nd recreation against Eire
As many as 6 India gamers from the U-19 squad tested certain for Covid-19 and passed over the group’s 2nd World Cup match against Eire on Wednesday, January 19. Captain Yash Dhull, vice-captain SK Rasheed are among the many India U19 gamers who bear tested certain for the virus and were compelled into isolation in the West Indies.
India fielded a depleted XI for their match against Eire at the Brian Lara Stadium in Trinidad. They were led by left-handed batter Nishant Sindhu of their 2d Neighborhood B match.
“The India U19 squad currently taking fragment in the ICC Below 19 Men’s Cricket World Cup 2022 bear reported COVID-19 certain cases following RT-PCR and Lickety-split Antigen Checks. Ahead of their 2d Neighborhood B conflict against Eire U19 on Wednesday morning, six contributors out of the 17-member squad were ruled out of selection,” the BCCI said in a delivery.
The Board is monitoring the region carefully and is fervent with the administration and the educating group, it added.
The gamers will live in isolation but will seemingly be below the fixed supervision of the BCCI Medical Personnel.
- Sidharth Yadav – RT-PCR Test result has returned certain.
- Manav Parakh – Has shown signs. His RT-PCR take a look at result is awaited. Lickety-split Antigen Test result has returned detrimental.
- Vasu Vats – Has shown signs. His RT-PCR take a look at result is awaited. Lickety-split Antigen Test result has returned detrimental.
- Yash Dhull – Lickety-split Antigen Test result has returned certain.
- Aaradhya Yadav – Lickety-split Antigen Test result has returned certain
- SK Rasheed – Lickety-split Antigen Test result has returned certain
Regardless of no longer having some of their key gamers, India managed to post a total in excess of 270 against Eire on Wednesday. Angkrish Raghuvanshi hit a 79-ball 79 while Harnoor Singh hit 88, alongside with 12 fours, all the plot thru his 101-ball cease in the center.
All teams at the U19 World Cup were allowed to bolt with an enlarged squad of 17 gamers in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. The 4-time champions did receive it exhausting to place apart up an XI after missing some of their key gamers for Wednesday’s 2d Neighborhood B fixture.
Notably, India gained their tournament opener against South Africa earlier this week by 45 runs to hurry to the cease of the Neighborhood B standings. They will play Uganda of their closing group-stage match on Saturday in Trinidad.
India will bear time until January 26 to conquer the Covid-19 points in the squad as the Colossal League quarter-finals gain underway after every week’s time. India are in a solid dwelling to quality for the knockout stages after having beaten South Africa of their Neighborhood B opener.
Extra to seem at…
Click on right here for IndiaToday.in’s total coverage of the coronavirus pandemic.