A surge in Covid-19 conditions pushed by the Omicron variant has wreaked havoc on the weekend’s wearing fixtures.
In football, six Premier League games from this weekend’s 10-match fixture checklist beget been referred to as off with 10 in entire postponed over the past week.
Nineteen fixtures attributable to be played across all three divisions of the English Football League on Saturday beget been postponed.
Two games in the Ladies folk’s Righteous League on Saturday beget additionally been referred to as off.
In rugby union, 47 gamers from nine varied Premiership clubs examined certain for Covid-19, up from supreme two the outdated week.
France’s unique budge principles beget introduced on the postponement of seven European rugby matches attributable to be played between French and British groups this weekend.
In tennis, the Battle of the Brits – an exhibition organised by Jamie Murray and that comprises Andy Murray location to happen in Aberdeen on 21 and 22 December – has been postponed.
And in the usa, three NFL games beget been postponed after Covid outbreaks.
Here is an outline of all of the wearing events affected up to now this month:
- How can I present I in actual fact beget Omicron?
- What are the UK’s unique coronavirus principles?
- FOOTBALL: Aston Villa’s Premier League game against Burnley, attributable to be played on 18 December, is postponed.
- AMERICAN FOOTBALL: The NFL postpones Cleveland Browns-Las Vegas Raiders, Seattle Seahawks-Los Angeles Rams and Washington Football Crew-Philadelphia Eagles.
- FOOTBALL: Manchester City’s Ladies folk’s Righteous League game against Finding out and Chelsea’s match against West Ham, both attributable to be played on 19 December, are postponed.
- FOOTBALL: 19 fixtures across the three divisions of the English Football League attributable to be played on 18 December are postponed.
- RUGBY UNION: Seven European matches attributable to be played between French and British groups this weekend beget been postponed attributable to France’s unique budge principles.
- TENNIS: The Battle of the Brits – an exhibition organised by Jamie Murray and that comprises Andy Murray scheduled for 21 and 22 December – has been postponed.
- CRICKET: Australia Check captain Pat Cummins is ruled out of the 2nd Ashes Check against England after being deemed a shut contact to a undeniable case.
- CRICKET: Three-match ODI series between Pakistan and West Indies, attributable to originate on Saturday, postponed to June 2022.
- FOOTBALL: Leicester’s home Premier League match against Tottenham is postponed.
- FOOTBALL: Manchester United’s home match with Brighton on Saturday is postponed.
- FOOTBALL: Wales captain Gareth Bale is among a crew of True Madrid gamers to study certain.
- FOOTBALL: Video games postponed across all three divisions of the EFL, which announces tighter protocols and additional standard attempting out.
- FOOTBALL: Four extra Premier League games are postponed, which strategy half of the weekend’s fixtures are off.
- FOOTBALL: Chelsea boss Emma Hayes says the “fear and dismay” of Covid-19 conditions in her squad “played a indispensable segment” in their Ladies folk’s Champions League defeat by Wolfsburg.
- RUGBY: Montpellier awarded 28-0 snatch for Friday’s scheduled Champions Cup game attributable to Leinster’s Covid conditions.
- FORMULA 1: Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc assessments certain for a 2nd time.
- BASKETBALL: The National Basketball Association is to introduce stricter coronavirus protocols over the Christmas and Unusual Year length as groups are left depleted by rising conditions in North The United States.
- FOOTBALL: Burnley’s Premier League match with Watford is referred to as off three hours sooner than kick-off after a virus in the Hornets’ squad.
- FOOTBALL: Leicester City’s home game against Manchester City in the Ladies folk’s Continental League Cup is postponed.
- FOOTBALL: Saturday’s Championship matches between Finding out v Luton and Millwall v Preston are postponed.
- RUGBY UNION: Saracens call off Saturday’s European Verbalize Cup game against Pau, with all gamers, coaches and pork up team going into isolation.
- ALL SPORT: ‘Covid passes’ are launched in England for any event with bigger than 10,000 of us.
- FOOTBALL: Premier League reports 42 certain assessments – essentially the most recorded in the league over a seven-day length.
- FOOTBALL: Manchester United postpone Premier League match against Brentford.
- FOOTBALL: Manchester United shut down their Carrington practising ground after a Covid-19 outbreak.
- TENNIS: Britain’s Emma Raducanu assessments certain and withdraws from the Mubadala World Tennis Championships.
- FOOTBALL: Sheffield United’s Championship game with Queens Park Rangers is postponed attributable to a virus on the west London club.
- RUGBY UNION: Three Leinster gamers and a member of team take a look at certain sooner than the side’s Heineken Champions Cup snatch over Bath.
- FOOTBALL: Tottenham’s Europa Conference League match against Rennes is referred to as off after a preference of conditions on the club. They additionally postpone their Premier League match against Brighton.
- FOOTBALL: Premier League clubs are told to advance to emergency Covid-19 measures.